Nowadays, people are preferring to have a dual Sim smartphone in which they can run two mobile networks. One for personal use and another one for official purpose. At the same time, most of the people are using WhatsApp messenger in their smartphones, but there is a limitation. We are unable to use two separate accounts in WhatsApp on one smartphone.
However, there are many third-party apps available on the Google Play Store that are allowing you to use two or more WhatsApp accounts on the same mobile phone. These apps are facilitating you to install multiple WhatsApp accounts on your smartphone and then you can run multiple WhatsApp accounts in these apps simultaneously.
DUAL MESSENGER (Samsung)
However, there is good news for Samsung Galaxy smartphone users, they would not have to face any trouble if they want to run two WhatsApp accounts in their smartphone. The Korean mobile manufacturer has added a new feature known as "Dual Messenger" in their new mobile phone firmware based on the latest Google Android 8.0 Oreo that is making easier for users to install two separate accounts for the same social networking or messenger app.
With this new "Dual Messenger" feature you are able to use and run two separate WhatsApp accounts simultaneously on your same Samsung Galaxy mobile phone. More interestingly, you can also the dual accounts of Facebook, Skype, Snapchat, WeChat, Viber, LINE and more.
How to Activate Dual Whatsapp Using "Dual Messenger" Feature of OneUI?
The procedure of installing two WhatsApp on the same smartphone is very easy. You don’t have to put much effort into it. If you want to install the second WhatsApp account then follow the easy steps given below.
In order to use this new feature, the following steps will help you:
1. Go to Settings on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
2. Now tap on "Advanced features" option.
3. Scroll down and you will get to see "Dual Messenger" option listed. Tap on it.
4. It will automatically detect installed apps that can be used with Dual Messenger feature. The compatible apps will be listed under "Available Apps" section.
If you have installed WhatsApp on your smartphone, it will appear in the list.
You only have to tap on the toggle button given next to WhatsApp in order to enable Dual Messenger feature for it.
5. Your smartphone will ask from you for the confirmation to install the second WhatsApp account. Click on Install button.
6. Now open app drawer/launcher and here you will get to see two WhatsApp icons. One original WhatsApp icon and the other duplicate WhatsApp icon that is created by Dual Messenger feature. You will see a small orange chain icon at the bottom-right corner at the duplicate app icon.
7. All set. Now you are able to run both the apps and can sign in using two different mobile numbers.
No doubt, it is such an amazing feature introduced by Samsung. We hope users will enjoy this addition by the company as now they don’t have to put extra efforts for the installation of dual WhatsApp account on the same smartphone.